Adult Safeguarding Train the Trainer programme!
FreeBird Associates are pleased to announce that we will be delivering a Train the Trainer Safeguarding Adults programme in July 2018. This programme will equip you to facilitate our Adult Safeguarding programme at an Induction / Level 1 standard, and is mapped against:
• The National Competency Framework for Safeguarding Adults (Learn to Care and The National Centre for Post – Qualifying Social Work and Professional Practice 2015)
• Skills for Care, Standard 10 Safeguarding Adults competencies, and Standard 11 for those working in Social Care.
• Developing effective facilitation skills
• The principles of transferring learning into practice
Whilst delegates may be competent and experienced facilitators, we believe having an opportunity to reflect on skills is always worthwhile, as well as supporting those facilitators who have not had any formal learning around facilitation.
• Facilitation of the half-day Level 1 programme.
Although the Level 1 programme is a half-day session, we will facilitate it over a whole day to enable time for discussion and supporting participants with relevant background knowledge in relation to Adult Safeguarding.
• Participants to facilitate part of the programme in pairs.
This will enable participants to practice facilitation of part of the programme in a safe and supportive space. FreeBird Associates will offer positive feedback and suggestions for development to the participants after their session.
Dates and Venue
This is a three-day programme and you should ensure you are available to attend all three.
• Tuesday 3rd July 9.30am – 4.30pm
• Wednesday 4th July 9.30am – 4.30pm
• Tuesday 17th July 9.30am – 4.30pm
The sessions will take place at:
The Hub Club
£300 per person, which will include:
• Facilitation of the 3 days.
• USB stick containing all the resources needed to facilitate the Level 1 session, including comprehensive notes to support delivery and a Level 1 delegate workbook.
• Additional resources to support the transfer of learning into practice.
• Ongoing telephone support from Freebird Associates.
A discount of 50% is available for organisations booking two places on the same cohort, i.e. £450 instead of £600.
To book a place
If you have any queries, would like further information, or to book a place, please email Anna or Corinne at firstname.lastname@example.org